Thursday, July 30, 2009

Snippets From NIWP Fellows from My Instructions about "Heat"

1
Wilted weed slumps
next to shimmering mirage

2
seed, far, far away from your home in the heavens.
You are lonely for your creator, separated by
galaxies and light years. You come to earth a spec
of dust and turned into a plant

3
The wicked witch melted
licked by the flames
of water--heat's nemesis

4
Hansel and Gretel
sent the witch away
cooking her

5
Warm milk at night is so much more than
another evening ritual. It is the heat of the
cream warming my lips, my throat, my being.
The heat of emotion--cozy and comforting like
my mother's arms after a thunderstorm

6
Descending lightly from its travels
it kisses my skin almost invisible
now it smacks my face, my chest
hard and strong whipping sweat from my pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment